Harley Quinn Smith is an American actress whom many have got to know through her roles in various films such as “Tusk” and “Yoga Hosers”. She is not only an actress but also the daughter of the Hollywood duo of actor and comedian Kevin Smith and actress and former reporter Jennifer Schwalbach Smith. Thanks to this fact, Harley can be one of the few who can make her entrance into the film industry. Here you can find interesting facts about them.
Harley Quinn Smith Biography
The young actress was born on 26 June 1999 in Red Bank, New Jersey. Considering that her two parents, as mentioned above, live in the world of make-believe, it is hardly surprising that she got her name, Harley Quinn, from the Batman villain who made her first appearance in the Batman: The Animated Series.
While she began her earliest life in New Jersey, she was raised in Los Angeles after her parents moved there when she was a child. For her education, Harley attended the Archer School for Girls in Los Angeles, which she graduated from in May 2017.
Raised as her parents’ only child, Harley began acting in 2001 at the age of only two. At that time she appeared in the film Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back at the side of her parents. Her next films were Jersey Girl (2004) and Clerks II (2006), directed by her father and starring her mother. In 2014 she appeared in Tusk, followed by Holidays (2016), Yoga Horsers (2016), which is still one of her best works to date, and then All These Small Moments (2018).
In addition to movies, Harley Quinn Smith also had time for television shows, including Supergirl and Big Hero 6: The Series, in which she played a dubbing role for Jodie Fischer. So far she has been involved in over 10 productions in a career that seems to have many years ahead of her.
The beautiful actress also still has an interest in music, and she hopes to release her EP in 2019 with her band. Together with the band, she founded in 2017, Harley has written a movie. This means that she is not only an actress but also puts her talent to the test in both music and writing.
Everything You Must Know About Her
1. Apart from the fact that her parents are actors, her aunt Virginia Smith is also an actress, although she may not be the most popular one to meet.
2. While she is an actress thanks to the influence of her parents, Harley Quinn Smith wanted to go into music as a professional bass guitarist. But on the way there she really fell for acting and with her father’s help she continued this line.
3. When she grew up, the actress who wanted to become the bass guitarist of her punk band was hardcore emo. She said she wore shirts that didn’t fit and put on dark make-up.
4. The star of the Yoga Hosers is a very close friend of Johnny Depp’s daughter, Lily-Rose Depp. The two have performed together in Tusk and Yoga Hosers. They have been friends since childhood after they both met in kindergarten.
5. She is vegan and is very concerned about the rights of animals and those who are generally on the weaker side. Since her father suffered a massive heart attack, which he said he was very lucky to survive, Harley has tried to get him to become a vegan and she has succeeded in getting him to do so.
6. Since it is not known whether she is currently in a relationship, she announced that she was going out with her boyfriend when she learned that she was being harassed by someone on Instagram. She had a fairly open relationship with her boyfriend, known as Corey, who is supposedly studying in college. The two have been together for more than 4 years.
7. She also has her fair share of social media followers with nearly 200,000 followers on Instagram and over 1,000 Facebook pages, but at the moment she does not have a Twitter account. Nevertheless, she has been approached several times in social networks, but she is able to handle it in a very good way.