Andrew Dice Clay is one of America’s most prolific celebrities, making a decent amount of money in the entertainment industry through acting and comedy.
Clay began his career in Hollywood in 1978 as a stand-up comedian. His career breakthrough came in 1988, however, when he performed in the presence of Hollywood celebrities at a dinner event of the Big Brother Association (BBA), which was made up entirely of men. After his seven-minute performance in New York City in 1988, he moved further into the national spotlight. Clay also performed at the 1989 MTV Video Music Awards.
As an actor, he has appeared in over 50 notable films. He played his first movie role in 1981 in Wacko. Other notable films in which he has appeared include An Evening at the Improv (1981), Charlie Barnett’s Terms of Enrollment (1986), M*A*S*H (1982), Diff’rent Strokes (1982-1983), Making the Grade Dice (1984), Night Patrol Tony (1984), Andrew Dice Clay: A Night with Dice (1986), Dirty Dirty Dirty Jokes (1984), Tosh.0 (2013), Entourage (2015), Vinyl (2016) Dice (2016-2017), A Star Is Born (2018) and many others.
Andrew Dice Biography
The Blue Jasmine actor was born Andrew Clay Silverstein on September 29, 1957, in Brooklyn, New York, in the United States of America. He grew up in a Jewish family in Brooklyn. His parents are Jacqueline Silverstein (mother) and Fred Silverstein, a New York real estate agent, and boxer.
Andrew has an older sister named Natalie Michael. He attended James Madison High School in New York City, New York, and later pursued higher education but dropped out to focus on his career. Clay began showing his talent at the age of 5 when he performed in the presence of his family members.
ALSO READ: James Charles Bio, Net Worth, Is He Gay? Here Are The Facts
Andrew Dice Clay has had a number of unstable and insecure relationships with several women in the past. Some of the famous women he has had relationships with in the past are Sandy Shore, Victoria Jackson, Terri Garber, and Eleanor Kerrigan.
His relationship with Victoria (a comedian and actress) began in 1987 and ended after a short time. The same goes for his relationships with Terri Garber and Eleanor Kerrigan – they were quite short-lived, having started in 1996 and 2003 respectively.
Currently, no relationship is known between him and Terri Garber. Since he separated from his third wife in 2014, he has not been associated with any girl, and he has never been seen to have an intimate moment with any woman.
Andrew Dice Clay Wife and Sons
The controversial actor was already married three times. His first failed marriage was with Kathleen Swanson in 1984, four years after they met for the first time. The Blue Jasmine actor and Kathleen divorced in 1986, just two years after they had made a life-long bond in the presence of their family members and loved ones.
Dice Clay began dating Kathleen Monica shortly after his separation from Swanson. They eventually married in 1992 and had two sons – Maxwell Lee Silverstein and Dillon Scott Silverstein – together. The couple divorced in 2002 after 10 years of being together as man and wife.
The rude comedian last married Valerie Vasquez, an American porn actress. Valerie and the handsome actor got married in Las Vegas on February 14, 2010, and separated on March 18, 2014.
Andrew’s sons, Max and Dylan Silverstein are already following in his footsteps in acting and comedy. Max, born in 1990, is best known for his roles in Andrew Dice Clay: Indestructible (2012), Mic Whore (2014), and Entourage (2004), while Dylan (born 1994) is an actor and manager.
Height – How Tall Is He?
Andrew Dice Clay is 5 feet 11 inches tall, which is 181 inches in metric units.
Quick Facts about the Andrew Dice Clay
1. The comedian’s nicknames are Dice and The Witty Man
2. He received the Golden Raspberry Awards in 1992 for playing himself in the comedy double album Dice Rule.
3. Besides comedy and acting Andrew is also a good drummer. In his youth, he played drums in the 1970s in the Catskill Mountains, a mountain range in southeastern New York.
4. He currently lives in the United States.
5. He has American citizenship and belongs to the white ethnic group.
6. Andrew Dice Clay is Jewish.
7. His net worth is estimated at $10 million.
8. The actor’s sign is Libra.
ALSO READ: Corey Taylor Wife And Kids, Height, Age, What Happened To His Neck?
9. Although Dice and Valerie Vasquez are officially divorced, they are still in a romantic relationship.
10. The Brooklyn-born comedian is an advocate of marijuana.
11. In 2011, Complex Magazine’s “The 15 Worst Stand-Up Comedians” ranked him the 14th worst stand-up comedian.
12. The bad-tempered comedian was banned for life by MTV and many TV stations for using disgusting language during a live broadcast of a music award. He was the first and only person to be banned by the American cable and satellite TV station, although the ban was lifted later in 2011.
13. Dice’s longest relationship lasted 10 years It was with his second wife Kathleen Monica.
14. He considers Fonzie, Elvis Presley, Sylvester Stallone, and John Travolta his greatest heroes.
15. Clay was voted Comedy Act of the Year by the readers of Performance magazine in 1989.
16. His first comedy album, Dice, was released in March 1989.