Shaunie O’Neal is an American entrepreneur, mother of five children, and a television personality who is currently the executive producer of the reality TV series of VH-1, Basketball Wives LA, Baller Wives, and Basketball Wives.
O’Neal is also the former wife of NBA star Shaquille O’Neal, a former film marketer for FOX and entertainment correspondent.
An entrepreneur and philanthropist, O’Neal currently works on her reality shows, including Shaunie’s Home Court Trailer, and other TV projects, and has her hands full managing her family while running a business.
It doesn’t seem to take too much effort for O’Neal, but who says life is easier for anyone? Nevertheless, let’s take a little trip into the life of the reality star.
Shaunie O’Neal’s Bio (Age)
The reality star was born as Va’shaundya Karlette Nelson on November 27, 1974, in Wichita Falls, Texas, United States. O’Neal moved with her family to Los Angeles when she was just 10 years old. In 1997 she graduated from the University of Southern California to join the working class.
There are no details about her parents or their names, but her reality show shows some aspects of their lives, their children, and their friends.
O’Neal created and produced the reality show popularly known as “The Basketball Wives”. As a former NBA wife, she is one of the actors in the show and is known for her boss lady behavior. The popular show, which is characterized by high ratings and drama, follows the lives and interactions of women who were wives, ex-wives, or girlfriends of professional basketball stars.
Another version of the show, Basketball Wives LA, features women living in Los Angeles. This is followed by the third reality show Shaunie’s Home Court, this time O’Neal is the focus of the series, which follows the lives of her children and her family.
The net worth of Shaunie O’Neal is $35 million. Apart from gaining more fame through her TV shows on VH1, she collects $40,000 in child support each month and $5 million in alimony each year.
Marriage with Shaquille O’Neal
O’Neal was married to Shaquille O’Neal. The couple got married on December 26, 2002, at the Beverly Hills Hotel, and the marriage was blessed with four children – apart from the children each of them had from previous relationships.
She had a son named Myles from their previous relationship, and Shaquille had a daughter named Taahirah with his former partner.
During their marriage the O’Neals were separated twice, after 5 years of marriage, in 2007 to be exact, they separated and later reconciled. In 2009, the mother of five children filed for divorce, citing insurmountable differences.
It was a rather scandalous divorce, filed out of infidelity. Shaunie O’Neal hired a private investigator to find out details about her husband’s infidelity and eventually found out that Shaquille had a mistress.
Meanwhile, O’Neal is also believed to be involved in an extramarital affair. Nevertheless, the duo ended the marriage and she retained custody of her children. Based on their marriage contract, Shaquille’s lawyer filed a document to prevent their marriage from being discussed in the show Basketball Wives.
O’Neal is a mother of 5 kids:
- Myles O’Neal (May 8, 1997), a model;
- Shareef O’Neal (Jan. 11, 2000), a basketball player;
- Amirah O’Neal (Nov. 13, 2001), a basketball player;
- Shaqir O’Neal (April 19, 2003) also a basketball player; and
- Me’arah O’Neal (May 1, 2006), a reality television personality.
The O’Neals are a media sensation as they all feature on their family reality series, Shaunie’s Home Court.
More to Know about Shaunie O’Neal
1. Shaunie O’Neal has appeared on several television shows, including Basketball Wives, a reality show that explores the glamorous life, the single mother, self-esteem, parenting styles, and influence on children.
2. The reality star is currently working on another show called Let’s Talk About It, in which she addresses organizations that work with women and empowerment.
3. Your philanthropy began a long time ago. O’Neal has been involved in several charity events, and her foundation was created to help underprivileged children. In 2011, she organized a red carpet fundraising event at Louis Vuitton Rodeo Drive with music diva Brandy and other celebrities. The proceeds of the event were donated to charity. In 2012 and 2013 she was again part of the Mission Christmas Eve for the Homeless team.
4. She has her own shoe collection. In cooperation with Chinese Laundry, she designs chic and modern shoes with prices ranging from 79,95 to 200 dollars.
5. Shaunie O’Neal is currently in a relationship with a young model, Marlon Yates.
Height and Other Facts
Born: November 27, 1974
Place of Birth: Wichita Falls, Texas, US
Height: 1.80 m
Famous As: Producer, Philanthropist
Sun Sign: Sagittarius