If you’ve ever been interested in the web series called The Guild, you’re familiar with the character of Tinkerbelle, played by the famous Japanese-American actress Amy Kei Okuda, popularly known as Amy Okuda by fans.
The coffee-loving actress began her career in 2007, and since then she has managed to write her name on the success story of the entertainment industry.
Amy Okuda Biography (Age)
The famous actress Amy Okuda was born as Amy Kei Okuda on March 6, 1989, in Torrance, California, United States. Amy is of Asian-American descent, her Japanese heritage she received from her mother. The actress practices the Christian religion, her star sign is Pisces, and she speaks fluent English and Japanese.
Although Amy has never fully reported on her parents’ identity, she always puts her mother’s pictures online. She has a sister named Lisa Okuda who works at Disney.
Amy has enjoyed playing basketball since the age of five, but when she was in seventh grade she developed an interest in dancing and acting. She completed her college education at the University of California.
Amy made her television debut in Californication. She made her first appearance on the big screen in 2013 with the film Chasity Bites, which was entitled Chasity Bites. However, she is best known for her role as Tinkerbelle in the web series – The Guild – which premiered on YouTube on July 27, 2007, and ran for nearly 10 years. Amy has also appeared in the instructional videos of NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope and in several commercials for various brands including Shoe Carnival, Bacon Lover, Verizon, and Apple.
Fans have always been curious about Amy Okuda’s family background, but the actress has yet to provide detailed information about who her parents are; all she does is post pictures of her mother on social media platforms. Recently, she uploaded a picture of her mother for her 60th birthday.
Birthday uploaded. Amy has a sister named Lisa Okuda, whom she calls her favorite person. Lisa is married and as such also known as Lisa Aihara; she works at Disney. The actress has a house dog named Lola. For her, Lola is her best friend and part of her family.
As at the time of this report, Amy is engaged to her crush Mitchell Hashimoto, who was also her boyfriend in high school. Their love blossomed when they went on a work trip to Europe. Mitchell proposed to Amy in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The lovebirds announced their engagement on Instagram with the Eiffel Tower in the background of her picture. Amy’s fiancée is the founder of HashiCorp, which produces leading software for various companies.
Amy Okuda Height
The celebrated actress has the coveted hourglass figure. She stands at a height of 1.58 m (5 feet 2 inches) with a corresponding weight of 55 kg (121 lb). She has wavy black hair, which she wears long, and her eyes are black.
Other Interesting Facts About Amy
1. Amy was interested in sports in her formative years and was active in basketball between the ages of 5 and 14. As a child, she had always dreamed of financing her education through a basketball scholarship.
2. The Asian-American actress was known as a tomboy in her childhood, according to her she was hyperactive and overconfident.
3. Another field of interest of the aspiring actress was dancing. At the age of 13, she took dance lessons, but in the junior year of high school, she was interested in acting, which she later preferred to dance, because in her opinion acting cost more.
4. She has appeared in commercials for various brands such as Bacon Lover, Suntory (soft drink), Shoe Carnival, Apple, AT&T, and Verizon.
5. Amy was part of the NASA educational video for the Spitzer Space Telescope.
6. The star Enrique Iglesias introduced her in the music video Tonight (I’m Lovin’ You)
7. She is the presenter of ISA Weekly Rewind on the net.
8. Her favorite drink is simply coffee, which led her boyfriend to give her a coffee machine as a birthday present.
9. The actress is considered a very creative person with a fascinating imagination. During her days at the preschool, she left her classroom to talk to plants and flowers.
10. She also loves pets, Amy has two pet dogs, one of which is called Lola.
11. She considers Lisa as her sister as her favorite person and her dog Lola as her best friend.