Alicia Witt, known for her versatile talent, is undoubtedly one of the smartest actresses in the film industry with so many years of experience.
A former child actress, she began her acting career in 1980, but debuted in 1984 at the age of 8 with the film Dune, in which she played the fictional character of Alia Atreides, the younger sister of Paul Atreides and daughter of Duke Leto Atreides of Caladan and Lady Jessica, Leto’s concubine Bene Gesserit.
She is also known for her appearances in blockbuster movies and television shows such as Fun, Urban Legend (1998), The Walking Dead, Last Holiday (2006), Vanilla Sky (2001), Friday Night Lights, Justified, 88 Minutes (2007) and a number of other movies and television series.
Witt’s work also includes theatre work. She has played several roles on stage after debuting at the legendary Tiffany Theater in Los Angeles in 2001. Among the plays she has appeared in are The Gift, The Shape of Things (2004), Reasons To Be Pretty, which she performed at the Geffen Playhouse, and the musical Piano/Forte, which she performed at the Royal Court Theatre in September 2006.
In addition to her appearances in front of the camera, the actress is also on the catwalk for companies and organizations. One of her outstanding appearances as a model came in 2009 when she modeled the world’s most expensive hat, worth $2.7 million – the Chapeau d’Amour (the hat of love), inspired by bellflowers and ivy and designed by Louis Mariette in 2004.
Alicia Witt Biography (Age)
The full name of Alicia Witt is Alicia Roanne Witt. She was born on August 21, 1975, in Worcester, Massachusetts. Her parents, Diane Witt and Robert Witt were teachers and photographers respectively. She has a younger brother named Ian Witt, who is also an actor.
Alicia began to develop a strong passion for music and acting at a very tender age. She was described as a child prodigy and began speaking at the age of two and reading at four. Shortly after she was five years old, she was discovered by the famous film director David Lynch, who heard Witt recite Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet on the television show That’s Incredible! at the age of five. She began working under him and would later expand her horizons in the entertainment industry.
The sweet and endearing star studied piano at Boston University, from where she began to participate in national music competitions.
Is she Married? Who is her Husband?
At the moment there are conflicting reports about Alicia’s marital status. While some sources report that she was married to investment banker Greg Watson in 2005 and that the couple has two lovely children named Luke Watson (born January 20, 2006) and Emma Grace (born 21 months later), others claim that she is currently single after a three-year divorce from her former husband – Nathan Foulger.
According to reports, Nathan and Alicia married in 2003 and separated in 2006, and since then she has not found love again.
A look at her relationship timeline shows that she has been in a number of relationships, as is common with most beautiful celebrities. Among the men she had previously dated were Michael Badger (they went their separate ways in 2004), Peter Krause (they started a relationship in 1998 and broke up a year later), and the musician Ben Folds (from 2012 to 2014).
Other Facts You Need To Know About the Actress
1. Alicia Witt took part in the wheel of fortune in 1990.
2. In 2009 she started her eponymous Extended Play (EP) and later, in 2012, the full-length live in Rockwood.
3. In 2013, Witt and her boyfriend at the time, Ben Folds, sang a song for the 1971 satirical comedy Cold Turkey.
4. She also sang several songs during the 4th season of the American TV series 2012 – Nashville.
5. The Dune actress is an American of American nationality and of Polish, Irish, French-Canadian, Italian and English descent.
6. Witt has an estimated net worth of 50 million dollars. Further details about her salary and income from her modeling career and other confirmations are not available at this time.
7. She is not gay nor does she have a romantic interest in her own sex.
8. Besides being an actress and model, Alicia is also a songwriter, pianist, and singer.
9. She is 175 cm (5 feet 9 inches) tall and weighs 59 kg Her body measurements are 33-24-35 centimeters.