If you’ve kept up with the comedy industry, you’ll find that many women are beginning to catch up with their male colleagues on stage. A look at the industry also shows that there are several male Muslim comedians who are making waves in their own right. However, few know about such as Dina Hashem, Maysoon Zayid, Aizzah Fatima, Zahra Noorbakhsh, Negin Farsad, to name but a few.
These are Muslim comedians who address a whole range of topics over the microphone and make people laugh with their witty sayings and self-assurance. Hashem may not be the funniest comedienne you know, but she has an amazing personality, an overwhelming fan base, and a great sense of humor. Get to know her better in this play.
Dina Hashem – Wiki, Bio (Age)
The comedian was born into a Muslim family on August 25, 1985. For various reasons Dina still has to reveal her birthplace and introduce her parents and relatives to her fans. It is also not clear whether she is an only child and where exactly she grew up.
It is believed that Dina Hashem received her primary and secondary education in the United States, but the names of the institutions she attended are not known to the public. The comedian spent her college years at a university in the city of New Jersey called Rutgers University and later earned a degree from that institution after graduating.
Before she conquered many hearts with her classic comedy packages, which are mainly about her Islamic education and contemporary topics, Hashem worked briefly as an actress on the big screen. Her most remarkable project in the film industry to date is the television series Ghost Friend, in which she portrayed the fictional character, Willow.
As for her comedy career, Dina was inspired to take steps towards becoming a renowned comedienne after winning first place at Rutgers University, where she first auditioned as a stand-up comedienne in 2010.
ALSO READ: Lincoln Melcher Bio, Age, Family, Facts About The Actor
Since her interest in the entertainment industry, she has been invited to many places in New York to make people laugh. The Rutgers University graduate has also been featured on prestigious platforms such as CONAN on TBS, Comedy Central’s Roast Battle, and many others. Thanks to her expertise in comedy, the Muslim humorist and her writing skills have made it onto the websites of TV Land, Nickelodeon, and Comedy Central.
The comedienne has also successfully established herself on the Internet as an influential factor and role model for amateur comedians. Among the videos, Hashem has uploaded to her YouTube site are The RoastMasters @ NYCF 11.10.17 Championship Match: Eli Sairs (C) vs. Dina Hashem (2014), Dina Hashem on the Arabic upbringing in New Jersey – CONAN on TBS and Stand Up Comedy by Dina Hashem – Fatherhood. Recently Dina has released a video entitled “Fatherhood”: Dina Hashem – In the Foreground 2018.
Facts About The Comedian
1. The net worth of the Muslim comedienne is estimated at two hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($250,000)
2. Information about the height, weight, and other body measurements of the graduate of Rutgers are not readily available. However, from the pictures she places online, it is clear that Dina Hashem is of average height. She always looks fit and healthy.
3. She currently lives in New York.
4. Dina Hashem did her first stand-up in front of 200 people in the audition room, and after winning the competition, she received a MacBook and a thousand dollars as a gift.
ALSO READ: Leslie Marshall Bio, Husband, Career Achievements Of The Journalist
5. The American humorist grew up only with Stand-up and The Simpsons on TV.
6. Currently Hashem has no known relationship with anyone. However, some of her fans believe that she is more than just a friend of the comedian Max Antonucci. This feeling was evoked by a photo of them, which she recently posted on her Twitter page. The photo was accompanied by an article about love. Despite speculation, neither Dina Hashem nor Max have denied or confirmed that they are together.
7. The comedienne is active in social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, where she has thousands of followers. Apart from posting her comic content for her fans, she also shares moments from her daily life with them.