Billie Kay, a beautiful and vibrant wrestler from Australia, has been immersed in the world of wrestling since she was ten years old. Like many female wrestlers, she had to work her way through the ranks by taking part in several independent wrestling promotions in her home country before continuing on to the coasts of the United States.
Eventually, she came on the radar of the WWE and was signed up for promotion in 2015. In the same year, she achieved a place in the WWE’s main list under the SmackDown brand.
Billie Kay of WWE Biography
Born as Jessica McKay in Syndey, New South Wales, Australia, Kay started wrestling as a child together with her brother. At Westfield Sports High School she shifted her focus to basketball and played for the school’s basketball team. She eventually joined the Pro Wrestling Promotion Pro Wrestling Alliance based in Sydney. Here she began her career in professional wrestling.
Before her fighting debut, Jessica trained under the veteran Australian wrestler Madison Eagles and carried her birth name. Her first fight finally took place in June 2007 and she won her first title in August 2008. Kay won a fight against Kellie Skater to win her PWWA championship title. However, she did not reign for long, losing the title to Penni Lane on November 22nd, after only successfully defending it against Tenille Tayla earlier that month. It seemed that luck had taken care of her when Lane had to give up the title due to injury. Jessica then entered a four-man title bout on 14 September 2009, emerged victoriously, and claimed the title for the second time in her career.
She had a nine-month reign in which she successfully defended the title twice before losing to the Madison Eagles on 11 June 2010. In 2011 McKay also fought for the Shimmer Championship in a three-way match but was unsuccessful.
Meanwhile, in October 2008, Jessica and her trainer Madison Eagles began applying for an independent American women’s wrestling promotion known as Shimmer Women Athletics. The two wrestlers formed a tag team known as The Pink Ladies. Their first match in the promotion was a tag team match for the Shimmer Tag Team Championship. In her first singles attempt, she lost to Kellie Slater in Volume 24.
Jessica continued to win at promotion, beating Nicole Matthews, Ayako Hamada, and former Shimmer Champion Sara Del Rey. She also fought and lost a title fight against the then Shimmer Champion and former Tag Partner Madison Eagles.
ALSO READ: Keith David Biography and Net Worth: Here Are Facts You Need To Know
Between 2008 and 2015, during her time with Shimmer Athletes and Pro Wrestling Alliance, McKay was also involved in several other American and Canadian promotions. These include Combat Zone Wrestling (CZW), Ring of Honor (ROH), Chikara, NCW Femme Fatales, and Shine Wrestling.
Her talent caught the attention of WWE during their 2014 Australian tour, and Jessica finally made a big career leap when she was announced as one of the new additions to WWE’s NXT development area on April 13, 2015. After a shortened version of her first name, she debuted as Jessie and lost to Becky Lynch on 10 June 2015.
After promotion, she was given the new ring name Billie Kay and competed in many games against the likes of Asuka and Carmella. Billie Kay made her first appearance on the WWE main list on 30 June 2016. Here she lost to Dana Brooke in an episode of SmackDown.
The following month she returned to NXT and recorded her first television win when she defeated Santana Garrett. In October 2016, McKay teamed up with Peyton Royce to form the tag team known as The Iconic Duo. The partnership was in a feud with Liv Morgan and Asuka and fought over her and others like Aliyah and Ember Moon.
They changed their team name to The IIconics and joined the SmackDown brand. On April 10, 2018, they attacked SmackDown’s reigning female champion, Charlotte Flair. Billie Kay made her solitary debut at SmackDown a week later when she competed against Charlotte and lost to the champion. However, the IIconics claimed their first SmackDown victory when they defeated the partnership of Asuka and Becky Lynch.
Things You Need to Know About Her
1. McKay stands at a height of 5 feet 8 inches (1.73 m) and weighs 132 lb (60 kg)
2. She and her tag-team partner Peyton Royce have known each other for years. The two Aboriginal Australians attended high school together, where they both played basketball for the school team and won the 2012 championship.
3. June 23, 2007, is a very special date for McKay, and not only because it was her eighteenth birthday (she was born in 1989). It was also the day she had her first professional fight.
ALSO READ: Taylor Kitsch Wife, Dating, Girlfriend, Height, Gay, Body Measurements
4. Towards the end of 2015, Billie Kay began to be under the direction of her wrestling colleague Sylvester Lefort. The relationship between the two did not last long, however, as Lefort’s contract was soon terminated in February 2016.
5. Jessica McKay is a nerd at heart, as some of her contributions to social media prove. She is a fan of nerdy TV shows and video games. Her favorite titles include Sailor Moon and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She also loves video games like Tomb Raider and The Halo.
6. Billie’s team name “The Iconic Duo” was changed to “The IIconics” when a clothing company called Iconic Duo LLC announced that it owns the rights to the name.